Download Diagnosis and Risk Prediction of Dental Caries, Volume 2 by Per Axelsson PDF

By Per Axelsson

The second one quantity of the sequence provides readers with present wisdom in regards to the etiology, editing components, and hazard review of dental caries, as well as improvement, analysis, and epidemiology. for every subject addressed, the writer offers specific medical history, a good illustrated consultant to enforcing state of the art practices, conclusions, and destiny recommendations.

Table of Contents:

1. Etiologic elements interested in Dental Caries

2. exterior enhancing elements excited about Dental Caries

3. inner editing components all in favour of Dental Caries

4. Prediction of Caries hazard and hazard Profiles

5. improvement and analysis of Carious Lesions

6. Epidemiology of Dental Caries

Show description

Read Online or Download Diagnosis and Risk Prediction of Dental Caries, Volume 2 PDF

Similar infectious diseases books

Current Topics in Complement II

Aegean meetings is an self sustaining, nonprofit, academic association directed and controlled by way of the clinical group. The board is made from 9 researchers/scientists in quite a few disciplines from Harvard, Brown, collage of Pennsylvania, UCSD, Princeton, Biovista and the root for Biomedical study Academy of Athens.

Der Experimentator: Immunologie

Lieber EXPERIMENTATOR,seit der Erstauflage im Jahr 2004 ist nun die four. Auflage des Immuno-EXPERIMENTATORS erschienen. Das Werk präsentiert die methodische Vielfalt der Immunologie, indem es die gängigen Methoden auf einfache Weise erklärt und auf Vor- und Nachteile sowie auf kritische Punkte eingeht.

Extra info for Diagnosis and Risk Prediction of Dental Caries, Volume 2

Sample text

The proportion of the target population that can be given individual protection against further caries development naturally varies from one setting to another. In most cases, risk groups of a size exceeding 30% seem to be unworkable. In a thorough review by Hausen et al (1994), an effort was made to compare the predictive power of risk markers in a situation where the aim was to select the 30% of the target population with the highest risk of developing new lesions. For none of the markers aimed at assessing the risk for coronal caries did the predictive power reach the proposed combined sensitivity and specificity of 160% (Kingman, 1990).

Thus, after each intake, distinct amounts of dietary fermentable carbohydrates, acids, and neutralizing agents will be present and capable of influencing the pH of the surface of the tongue, of plaque, and of saliva for a given time. The resolution of the interactions among these three factors, which is greatly influenced by the thickness and diffusion characteristics of the dental plaque on the specific tooth surface, determines the severity (fall in pH) and duration of the acid attack on the tooth surface.

A salivary S mutans test screens out SM-negative subjects (about 25%) as not being at risk. Of the remaining 75% or so (SM-positive subjects), those with a PFRI > score 3 are selected as risk patients (approximately 20%). From these subjects, an extremely high-risk group may be further selected: those with a PFRI score of 4 or 5 and an SM score of 2 or 3 (around 5%). Such a guideline is illustrated in Fig 43. In general, if the aim of screening is to direct intensive preventive treatment toward high-risk subjects, a screening procedure offering high sensitivity and predictive value is preferable both for individual patients and for community dental health planning.

Download PDF sample

Rated 4.23 of 5 – based on 47 votes