Download Fields Virology (Knipe, Fields Virology)-2 Volume Set) by David M. Knipe, Peter Howley PDF
By David M. Knipe, Peter Howley
Fields Virology is the authoritative reference booklet for virology, delivering definitive insurance of all facets of virology, together with thorough insurance of virus biology in addition to replication and scientific points of particular virus households. With the average outbreaks of influenza, noroviruses in addition to different rising and re-emerging viruses it's necessary to have the main up to date details available.
With this 6th variation, all chapters were thoroughly up-to-date, an incredible new emphasis has been put on virus discovery and rising viruses. Viruses linked to melanoma, together with the hot human polyomaviruses, are highlighted during this 6th variation and new chapters were extra on circoviruses and mimiviruses.
While the focus of this variation is still on viruses, info on prions and the infectious spongiform encephalopathies also are included.
• 2-volume set
• complete colour all through with over 1,000 illustrations in overall and such a lot chapters offer key figures to be used as lecture slides
• on-line better half site with absolutely searchable textual content, all references associated with PubMed and extra fabric no longer present in the print for entry to content material anytime
• New coverage of rising and viruses, together with these inflicting influenza and HIV
• up to date assurance of viruses and cancer
• insurance contains virus constitution, virus access, replication, and meeting, virus-host phone interactions, host immune responses and vaccines, antiviral therapeutics, virus evolution and immunization
• Thorough insurance of all viruses of clinical value, together with either easy technological know-how and medical features
• New chapters on circoviruses and mimiviruses and a brand new part on Chikungunya virus were added
• vital advances in antivirals, together with new HCV protease inhibitors and HIV integrase inhibitors
Read or Download Fields Virology (Knipe, Fields Virology)-2 Volume Set) PDF
Similar infectious diseases books
Aegean meetings is an self reliant, nonprofit, academic association directed and controlled through the clinical group. The board is made from 9 researchers/scientists in a variety of disciplines from Harvard, Brown, collage of Pennsylvania, UCSD, Princeton, Biovista and the basis for Biomedical examine Academy of Athens.
Lieber EXPERIMENTATOR,seit der Erstauflage im Jahr 2004 ist nun die four. Auflage des Immuno-EXPERIMENTATORS erschienen. Das Werk präsentiert die methodische Vielfalt der Immunologie, indem es die gängigen Methoden auf einfache Weise erklärt und auf Vor- und Nachteile sowie auf kritische Punkte eingeht.
- Bacterial Pathogenesis: A Molecular Approach
- Core Concepts in Clinical Infectious Diseases
- Viruses vs. Superbugs: A solution to the antibiotics crisis?
- Emerging Biological Threat (NATO Science)
- Immunology of Infection, Volume 32, Second Edition
Extra info for Fields Virology (Knipe, Fields Virology)-2 Volume Set)
Where Are They? Why Are They There? Virus ecology, as a result of modern virus discovery technology, is posing many questions (see 106,183). In 1977, when Fred Sanger sequenced the DNA genome of coliphage phiX174, many virologists were impressed with the wealth of information contained in a “simple” DNA sequence and the congruence of genetic and biochemical data with the genome structure. 48,178,194 In early 2003, a novel viral DNA microarray was used to reveal and partially sequence a previously uncharacterized coronavirus in a viral isolate cultured from a patient with SARS.
Times have changed! New technology enables virologists to interrogate simultaneously many viruses and large groups of genes or gene products in ever-expanding environments and biological networks. 139 The deinition also encompasses networks of intercellular communication at the tissue, organ, and whole-organism level. Virologists are beginning to embrace a tenet of systems biology where information lows through these networks and disease arises when these networks are perturbed. Viral gene products cause changes in network architecture and thereby alter the dynamics of information low.
Clearly, patterns of human behavior (increased population density, increased travel, increased ages of the population) will provide the environment for the selection of emerging viruses and the challenges to the new ield of molecular epidemiology. 55 Virologists were able to describe the replicative cycles of viruses in great detail under welldeined conditions, and they demonstrated the elaborate interactions between viral genomes, viral proteins, and the cellular machinery of the host. As indicated previously, these advances resulted in an extraordinary inquiry into the functions of infected or uninfected host cells using the tools of both molecular biology and cell biology.