Download African Women's Unique Vulnerabilities to HIV AIDS: by L. Fuller PDF
By L. Fuller
This is often an in-depth examine the biomedical, socio-cultural, financial, felony and political, and academic vulnerabilities confronted through the inhabitants that's such a lot prone to the danger of contracting HIV/AIDS: African ladies.
Read Online or Download African Women's Unique Vulnerabilities to HIV AIDS: Communication Perspectives and Promises PDF
Similar forensic medicine books
In der Trauma-Biomechanik werden die Prinzipen der Mechanik auf biologisches Gewebe und menschliche Körper angewendet und deren Reaktion und Toleranz auf severe mechanische Belastung untersucht. Dabei ist das Verständnis der mechanischen Faktoren, die hauptsächlichen Einfluss auf die Funktionsfähigkeit und die Struktur des Gewebes haben, entscheidend, um Gegenmaßnahmen zur Minderung oder Verhinderung von Verletzungen zu entwickeln.
Im klinischen Alltag findet eine fortschreitende fachliche Spezialisierung der ärztlichen Tätigkeit, verbunden mit einer immer subtileren Diagnostik, statt. Nach wie vor sind Diagnostik und Therapie am genauesten und preiswertesten durch die Obduktion und histologische Untersuchung überprüfbar. In der klinisch-pathologischen Konferenz werden die morphologischen Befunde zwischen Ärzten aller Fachrichtungen und Pathologen diskutiert.
The booklet comprises the binding ideas of forensic technology, together with the relationships among humans, areas, and issues as established through transferred facts, the context of these humans, areas, and issues, and the meaningfulness of the actual facts chanced on, besides its worth within the justice process.
- Evaluating the Impact of Nutrition and Health Programs
- Basic principles of forensic chemistry
- Nanotechnology-Based Precision Tools for the Detection and Treatment of Cancer
- Identifying ignitable liquids in fire debris : a guideline for forensic experts
- Opportunities in Forensic Science Careers
- A History of Medicine, Second Edition
Extra resources for African Women's Unique Vulnerabilities to HIV AIDS: Communication Perspectives and Promises
Transnational in scope, HIV/AIDS nevertheless knows no geo-political boundaries; yet, we increasingly realize it is a disease of poverty, something of today’s equivalent of nineteenth century tuberculosis as a North-South issue epitomizing divides between developed and developing countries. The culture of African poverty is multidimensional, intergenerational, and gendered. AIDS here goes beyond being a health issue to being a development one, and so it should be also considered from a socio-political-economic perspective.
1) found that, “[AIDS] has spawned street children, prostitutes and dropouts. It has thrust grandparents and sisters and aunts into the unwanted roles of substitutes for dead fathers and mothers. ” A middle-income country, with an established infrastructure and a high level of computer ownership (Kelly and Magongo, 2005), the landlocked kingdom—between Mozambique and South Africa, gained its independence in 1968 and reported its first AIDS case in 1987. Soon, it set up the Swaziland National AIDS Program (SNAP), King Mswati III declared the disease a “national disaster,” a controversial condom campaign began (religious and traditional leaders calling them “unSwazi”), and a major thrust included reinstatement of a custom banning all girls under age 18 from sexual activity for five years and payment of a cow to a virgin’s11 family by any man who had sex with her.
With respect to obstetric care, the results are more encouraging: 98% of mothers received prenatal care while 92% have access to a health centre, public or non-public, for delivery. It is interesting to observe that 60% of mothers receive prenatal care and 92% are delivered at one of the Pikine Project’s health posts and maternity units. (p. 153) Recall: when, on June 5, 1981, the first report on AIDS appeared in the Centers for Disease Control (CDC)’s Morbidity and Mortality Weekly Report, no one could have predicted the international implications that it would take.